We are looking for a Quality Welding Inspector to join this specialist engineering company in Leigh,
The Welding Inspector Under the guidance of the Quality Assurance Manager and the Fabrications Manager, the Quality Welding Inspector will be responsible for all mechanical welding inspection related duties in support of the daily operations of the Quality department. More specifically, the Quality Welding Inspector is accountable for establishing inspection techniques, performing incoming and final inspection, training other quality inspectors on mechanical welds, liaising with suppliers and customers, interpreting engineering welding drawings and providing relevant information to department heads. THE KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE CANDIDATE WILL BE:
* Read and interpret engineering welding drawings or welding process specifications and provide relevant information to department heads as required * Establish techniques for proper examination of mechanical welds under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to specifications
* Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results * Perform incoming and final inspection of products to meet customer requirements including inspection of specified base metal and welded finished products
* Check mechanical assemblies and sub assemblies for alignment and proper functioning * Complete inspection documentation, procedures and reports, and update computerised management system as required * Develop and implement welding inspection procedures
* Train and supervise other quality inspectors on mechanical products and welds * Liaise and meet with suppliers to evaluate and rate product welding procedures, test plans and verify conformance with required specifications
* Evaluate supplier quality system and manage and develop programs to meet our customer requirements * Provide quality control support to other departments * Liaise with customers to clarify customer specifications and expectations * All other duties as required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS The incumbent is required to work in various positions including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, bending, and/or stooping. In addition, the incumbent may be exposed to different temperatures & noise and may be required to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE * Certified Welding Inspector (CSWIP), level 2 or Level 3
* Knowledge of welding processes, weld examination and performance, welding symbols, definitions and terminology
* Knowledge of non-destructive welding examination techniques and stress analysis * Knowledge of metals, mechanical components and assemblies, and welding methods
* Knowledge of Military, ASTM, BS and other internal specifications * Strong computer skills in an MS Office environment
* Strong organisational and communication skills both oral and written * Ability to identify typical welding defects such as lack of fusion, cracks or porosity and variations in the weld density
* Ability to read, comprehend and verify engineering drawings and patterns * Ability to troubleshoot, identify root cause and systematically solve problems
* Capable of working in a team environment * Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Flexible and willing to accept new challenges ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* PCN Level II in Magnetic Particle Inspection * PCN Level II in Dye Penetrant Inspection
* Knowledge of Ultrasonic Inspection For the right candidate without the above qualifications, appropriate training would be provided to gain qualification.
* The candidate must also be prepared to be trained in Coatings Inspection to a recognised qualification. TRAINING/PERFORMANCE STANDARDS TRAINING
* Knowledge and compliance of workplace health and safety standards * Knowledge of ISO 9001standard
* Committed to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams In the first instance please contact Gary Whitfield on (Apply online only) or e-mail for further details of this exciting position. Please note: your details and CV will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Legal Information: Advantage Resourcing. Services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temp work.
With over 40 years of specialist experience, Advantage Resourcing is the recruiter of choice for IT and Engineering professionals across EMEA. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors. Please visit our website to find out more about us. Advantage Resourcing: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work.Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy
View full job description